A long time ago, when computers were just becoming part of the daily workflow and software was just beginning to improve in recognizing scanned documents, humanity began to actively convert paper documents into digital format. One of such formats is the cloud document management system.
Overview of the Cloud Document Management Systems for SMBs
In companies with an active document flow, sooner or later, there comes a time when the lack of systematization of documentation leads to a slowdown in work processes. Even worse is the situation when most of the documents are in paper form, which complicates access to them and requires a lot of space in the office.
The cloud document management system offers comprehensive solutions for migration, deployment, configuration, and support of your business. It helps you analyze your current infrastructure, identify servers and services that will bring the greatest benefit from migrating, and offer solutions that increase the reliability and resiliency of services. Cloud document management systems are the digital and centralized archiving of all electronic documents. The main characteristics are:
- Audit protected archiving.
- Document management.
- Organization of individual work processes, fast and reliable organization of business processes.
The cloud document management system will allow you to store and send files in the cloud and interact with other users through the cloud space. Different subscription levels differ in the number of concurrent users and storage volumes. Depending on the size of your company, you can choose the best option. The system for automating business processes provides simplicity, high speed of setting up business processes, and ease of implementation in the IT landscape of the company.
The cloud management team ensures that risks and tolerances are properly assessed and managed. This command ensures the correct identification of risks that are unacceptable to the business. Members of this team translate risk into corporate policy management. In today’s world, a platform for automating business processes is the basis for supporting continuous business development.
What Does a Cloud Management System Do?
Among the main features of the cloud document management system are:
- It provides greater security and broader functionality, which allows not only to store documents but also to effectively organize and work with documents in an online format in parallel for several employees.
- Optical character recognition function – OCR. Thanks to it, scanned documents uploaded to the system are easily read when searching. This feature is simply indispensable for companies that convert paper documents to e-format.
- Store files and access them from anywhere in the world. Store all your documents centrally and access them from your browser, computer, phone, or tablet.
- Easily find the documents you need. Spend less time looking for files. Quickly find the documents you use most or the files you last viewed and edited.
- Ready-made solutions for the transition to cloud technologies without the participation of programmers or system administrators.
- Ability to integrate several services into a single infrastructure – from office suites to CRM and ERP systems.
- Automation of connection to cloud storage, virtual PBX, and servers.
These core features help you identify risks associated with current and future releases. These activities help assess the risk, understand the potential consequences, and make decisions about the acceptability of the risks. At the same time, plans need to be updated quickly to meet the changing needs of the cloud migration team.